• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My shackle is rusted

winkosmosis

NAXJA Forum User
My passenger side shackle is rusted to the point that a layer of rust is falling off as one piece. It looks like a big portion of the thickness of the steel just flaked off. I'll post pics tomorrow, but it doesn't seem safe. I don't want the shackle to break and get me killed.

I just got 2" OME springs, but I don't want more height because I don't want vibes or rake. But it seems like a boomerang design would help when the leafs compress because there is very little room until they hit the frame.
Are there any shackles I can replace the stock ones with, maybe 0.5" longer at the most? All I see is 1"+

The TNT boomerangs come in 1" or 1.5".

So you could get the 1" I suppose.

Or just do the 1.5" and throw in a 1.75" coil spacer up front. Not going notice that small added height.

the JKS one is supposed to be a 1" boomerang, but you get more like 3/4". And as was stated, MJ shackles are nice, and net about 3/4" or maybe a bit less...

I'm running a JKS boomerang with my OME leafs and its very nice.....

Back