• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need a new floor jack...

slcpunk74

NAXJA Forum User
I know this is not a mod tech question but we all use them when we mod our jeeps so... move it if you have to but, I need a new jack for my shop. I had a cheapo alum racing style from costco and it worked ok for a while and lifted my xj up to 21" high for some time until my dad started using it to lift the whole front of his f-250 powerstroke :gee: .

it was like a 2 ton jack but I guess we need something that will lift 3-4 tons to a hight of 20" (about) and not cost an arm and leg. Any links or info would be great thanks guys.
Chadwick

I've been buying mine from Harbor Freight for 20 years & they're cheap & take years of abuse. Not as good brand name units but they've outlasted the overpriced one I bought at NAPA. I don't know if they have any stores in your area, but you can buy them online.

I actaully was looking at a 3 ton super heavy duty floor jack they have on sale for $60 right now. I have been tempted to just buy it but I just dont know how long it will last...

I have the 3 ton you're talking about and it's been pretty good so far. I've the whole front end of my firebird with it and it had no problems at all. It alot better than the 2 craftsman 2 ton jack I had before. Mine even came with a parts list so if the orings or something go bad you can rebuild it.

how long have you had it?

cherokee chuck said:
I've been buying mine from Harbor Freight for 20 years & they're cheap & take years of abuse. Not as good brand name units but they've outlasted the overpriced one I bought at NAPA. I don't know if they have any stores in your area, but you can buy them online.

x2......I've had mine for a few years and only paid $50 for it.even came with a rebuild kit for the hydraulics.Been sitting outside in the back yard the three years I've owned it and it works flawlessly every time I call on it.
Buy it.....

I just bought one for $65 it has a threaded saddle so it can lift up to about 22". I tried it and so far I like it. Lets just hope this jack turns out like my checker hids... Good price and great performance.

on my harbor freight jack the saddle is removable so I used a piece of plywood bolted to the jack and then used a ratchet strap wrapped around the tranny and plywood to remove mine.Worked just as good as the tranny jack they sell....you can even use wood wedges to angle the nose of the tranny up/down to make stabbing it in the tranny easier.

Back