• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do think?? XJ rear 4 link to an MJ rear

Rockhound89

NAXJA Forum User
Ok here is a question for you guys what do you think about making a bought XJ 4 link working on a MJ??

Something like this is what I was thinking
http://www.rockkrawler.com/pages/catalog/index.php?r_itemID=207

If it would work Pro/Cons
--Pro’s--
-shorter wheel base (set it a stock XJ wheel base)
- could run a front drive shaft for the rear with a SYE
-bought 4 link (time is money and I don’t have the time to build a 4 link)

--Cons--
-price
-would the cross member work for an MJ like it would work for an XJ the frame spreads apart at the back of the cab and is wider than a XJ. But I could move it where it would fit then my wheel base could/would be shorter.
-bought not built

Any thoughts

I would call the manuftacturer they would know best. You never know they might even make you something custom or know who would.

Ackkk I hate that Rock Krawler kit.With the amount of effort it would take to make that work on an MJ you might as well build your own.

Wil Badger said:
With the amount of effort it would take to make that work on an MJ you might as well build your own.

X2.. never re-engineer a new part that wasnt designed for you application. at least not one that cost so much.

i was not really going to re-engineer it i was going to try and place it where it would be on an xj thats all.

after looking at Clayton's setup i think i am going to try and build my own i just thought it might work

Build your own if you can. For the price its not worth it to modify it to suit your needs. There are a number of threads on linking the rear of a MJ, just gotta search.

AARON

Back