• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vacuum lines turning to dust

Gold Cobra

NAXJA Forum User
Can I just get a kit to replace all my vacuum lines? i can patch them anymore they just crumble.

a kit? not that i know of, but i just used 1/4 in fuel line to redo all my vac lines

There is a kit, but i cant exactly remember where i got it, ill try and find that out and post later. The 1/4 inch fuel line is a good idea becasue even when the vaccum lines are new, they are really brittle. I just got the motor back i nmy Jeep and broke a couple getting it back in.

jk333 said:
There is a kit, but i cant exactly remember where i got it, ill try and find that out and post later. The 1/4 inch fuel line is a good idea becasue even when the vaccum lines are new, they are really brittle. I just got the motor back i nmy Jeep and broke a couple getting it back in.

i used those instead that way they are nice and flexible and their a snug fit

bluejeepkid said:
i used those instead that way they are nice and flexible and their a snug fit
did you hose clamp them at the smaller fittings like the canister mounted at the top middle of the firewall? I broke those lines going into there and want to try the fuel line out.

could the vacuum lines be why my jeep jumps to 3-grand when i start it up, then have to shut it off and try again. some times i have to start it 3 times before it will idle correctly.

goblazers_6 said:
could the vacuum lines be why my jeep jumps to 3-grand when i start it up, then have to shut it off and try again. some times i have to start it 3 times before it will idle correctly.

That sounds like the TPS, try having it adjusted and if that doesn't work, bu ya new one and have it adjusted properly.

Back