• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nates 4x4 Slimline Recessed Winch Bumper **w/PICS**

Achmed

NAXJA Forum User
It came in and I got it painted today. All I can say is that the quality is A+. I will comment on the fitment when I install it. Good job Nate!

DSC05078.jpg

DSC05079.jpg

DSC05080.jpg

DSC05081.jpg

DSC05082.jpg

DSC05083.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet...I'm a big fan of that bumper....looks great! Cant wait to see how it fits...

:thumbup:

correct me if I am wrong, but aren't you missing a bolt hole for the steering box at least on the drivers side? Bumpers looking good though

I have the same bumper, and to be honest if Freight didn't cost so much I would have sent it back. The quality of the bumper fabrication was good, but the bumper sticks out SO FAR it is ugly IMO. They could have shortened the mounting brackets 2 inches and it would have been perfect.

I give it an A for construction and a D for design.

My sever is down so I can't imbed the pic directly, but here is the link to a photo album with a pic of the bumper installed on my jeep.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?UV=91195949421_864778365209&conn_speed=1&collid=25210065609.448692815209.1216919183701&mode=fromsite

look at the 2nd pic and you can see the end of the bumper isn't under the corner light, there is a 1" gap.

To each his own I suppose

Wildmatt said:
I have the same bumper, and to be honest if Freight didn't cost so much I would have sent it back. The quality of the bumper fabrication was good, but the bumper sticks out SO FAR it is ugly IMO. They could have shortened the mounting brackets 2 inches and it would have been perfect.

I give it an A for construction and a D for design.

My sever is down so I can't imbed the pic directly, but here is the link to a photo album with a pic of the bumper installed on my jeep.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?UV=91195949421_864778365209&conn_speed=1&collid=25210065609.448692815209.1216919183701&mode=fromsite

look at the 2nd pic and you can see the end of the bumper isn't under the corner light, there is a 1" gap.

To each his own I suppose

Yeah, that's way too far out......I'd have sent it back as well.

I purchased my bumper about a year ago now, and I see that they changed the design some, with tapered angled edges rather then full height, I hope yours looks better then mine.

I will say that the bumper is really sturdy, I have smashed it into all kinds of rocks and whatnot and there really aren't even scratches on it.

:wow:

Chris @ GATR said:
It's a no brainer to understand that the winch has to clear the grill. The bumper sticks out no further than any other XJ winch bumper.
I beg to differ... my bumper sticks out 4.5" from my grill... that thing is atrocious.

Chris @ GATR said:
It's a no brainer to understand that the winch has to clear the grill. The bumper sticks out no further than any other XJ winch bumper.
You may want to take a second look at that bumper.

It doesn't show profile that well, but this bumper now has a winch tucked into it, and the approach angle is near the same as stock, if not maybe better.
cHMze.916270-02.jpg

just cause your putting a winch on a bumper doesn't mean you have to lose out on good angles. Fab skills are great, but put some time into looks and angles too.

I looks really close to protofab's design. They do stick out quite a bit, i never got hung up on mine, but i did hit it all the time. I sold it and got my OR-Fab bumper. Its great, I haven't had anyproblems with it.

cherokee1-2.jpg

Darky said:
You built it? Looks good. I thought it was made by a company somewhere...

I built the one on the front of the red XJ above... not sure which one you meant...

well i wont post a pic of my front bumper cuz im sure you guys would think it sticks so far out that it could be a front porch....

Mines an ARB extended out forward about 5"....

Back