• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 XJ.. what years will parts direct fit

rweaver138

NAXJA Forum User
so yesterday i got some pretty heavy back end damage to my cherokee :( , and is not repairable, frames bent in two places. im keeping the jeep because it only has 95,000 miles on it, so the plan is to buy a jeep with high miles for cheap, and throw all my stuff on it, motor, transfer case, tranny, axles, 5.5 rubi lift, 33's. i know these parts can fit in all year jeeps, but the question is, what other year jeeps will the motor go in, with little to no modification. thanks for your help.

I recommend you search a bit more - you're asking what years had the 4.0L? 1987-2001. Or maybe you just want to know what years were High-Output? Or maybe just OBD-II?

Or maybe, just maybe, those parts are pretty much a bolt-in to any 87-01 XJ out there. With a little work.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

00 and 01 had the coil packs instead of the dizzy. Makes the engine swap easier than an earlier jeep because the wiring is the same. Or you can just use the other jeeps ignition system.

Back