• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

newbie here

jeepnleo

NAXJA Forum User
So i just wanted to introduce my self.
my name is leo and i live in oak harbor wa. i am in the navy. devorced and remarried. have 3 children 7-5-1. love to go to rieter off of hwy 2 and think walker valley is decent.
besides wheelin. i am into photography and fishing.

i currently dont own a XJ but i want one. i was just in california visiting my step father who is ill and my real father had a XJ that he got for $900 recently. i thought it was a sweet deal. then one of my good friends just happen to have a pretty well built xj. after seeing his and knowing how cheap i can pick one up for i have caught the bug.
i once had a 95yj and i just sold it about a month ago. i was straped for cash. i really want to get out and start wheelin again.

so the luckily a navy friend of mine here in WA just got stationed in virginia and he gave me his 1980 gmc jimmy k5. it has a 350 with TH350 D44 front and 12 bolt rear. the interior isnt the prettiest and neither is the exterior. it has brand new 31" BFG a/t. and runs fine so i was going to fix it up but now i want to sale it or trade it for a XJ.

Welcome. You can likely find a seat to ride along on an upcoming run, just post up and see who's got shotgun available.

And yes, the affordability of XJ's is part of what makes them as popular as they are. Keep your eyes on craigslist and the classifieds here, you'll find something.

Back