• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air lockers and gearsets

kastin

NAXJA Forum User
howdy

if i put a airlocker in the front do i still need to upgrade the gearset to accomodate 33's (4.56) or does the airlocker come with the desired gearing?

Cheers

Don't forget you have to change the gears in the rear end as well. So you will need two gear sets.

If you don't already have a locker in the rear, you'll need one there too.

Mudderoy said:
Don't forget you have to change the gears in the rear end as well. So you will need two gear sets.

If you don't already have a locker in the rear, you'll need one there too.

I don't think he HAS to put a locker in the rear because he is putting one up front.

Yes match the gears,.
Rear locker to match is not necessary.

thanks guys

I am getting a whole d44 rear axle/diff from solid axles with airlocker in it set to 4.56,

and i was just seeing if an airlocker would change the front ratio aswell so instead of buying a gearset for $400 id just pay the extra and go strait for the air locker..., but as youve told me airlockers dont change the ratio alone..and ill need a gear set for it anyway ;) so the front locker will have to wait.

Cheers

Back