• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grizzly Lake 7-17-08

87xjco

NAXJA Forum User
youtube version Choose "watch in high quality" for high speed connection

Grizzly Lake Video (downloadable version, 88MB, right click and save please)

We left Chalk Creek Campground about 10:00am and headed straight west towards the trails

The trail starts out at a creek crossing with a challenging Rock Climb on the other side.

Sorry if I'm wrong or missing names :dunno:

Led, driving Troy's old rig (yellaheep) walked up it. Ken went next in his backhalfed Cherokee and walked thru pretty easily. Chris and passenger with rear locker only, had to work at it a little but got thru after a few tries, I went next and slipped backwards down the rock a couple of times from not using the clutch very well :oops: , but once I started climbing I rolled thru pretty easy.

Justin went next and kept his momentum up and drove right thru

Justins buddy in a YJ went next and this is one of the few spots he had trouble on that day, took him a few tries before he got enough momentum and bumped thru

That's really the only difficult obstacle for anyone with a locker, the trail goes up a long steep climb on loose rocks, winds thru a couple of wooded areas and water crossings before reaching Grizzly Lake which is framed by mountains on three sides and has a long sloping bowl up to the peaks on the opposite side of the lake. Gorgeous views up top!!

We had lunch and headed back down

Back