• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Budget lift question

js_customs

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so my brother just bought a 98 ZJ and he's looking to do a budget lift with parts from the junkyard for it. From what I understand from reading and searching on here, F-150 coils and T-bird coils give around 3" of lift. I know that we can put zj springs in our xj's, but I was wondering if these coils could be used for a budget lift for a zj.

Sorry, it's not an xj question, but it has to do with the xj budget lift stuff I've found on here...If the topic needs to be moved to other tech, that's fine.

the F-150 coils will work in the front, no problem. Just use 79 & earlier 1/2 ton , they'll go right in. I can't help you on the rear but they are easy to swap so you should just experiment.

why doesn't he just order the poly spacers? Easier than having to go to the pnp and pull all of your parts and the reinstall them on the zj. Probably about the same price too.

or, take a cordless sawzall, and cut anything that looks at you wrong and happens to be near a part that you want... thats what i do

Probably about the same price too.
=============================
Can be.
But I just got a 150. He let me have it just to get it out of his yard. After pulling front springs, the trany (for resale) she will still bring a few hundred bucks at the scrap yard. Then comes an older Bronco with a 9 inch for me and the front axle for resale. The scrap price should make this a brake even job.
You get the idea. Deals are out there. You just need to keep an eye open for them. It come down to if you want to spend time waiting for it or money and have it now.

Back