• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

guys with TNT Y-Link, rod end/pan clearance?

whatevah

It's Yellah!
installed mine yesterday, and after I mounted the arms to the bellypan, I noticed that there is no clearance between the joint and the top of the box over the arm. if the arm is straight out, it's ok, but if you twist it even a little, the end rubs against the pan. Anybody else run into this? was at a buddies shop, and already took off the LCA mounts, so I had to install it. I guess I'll have to drop it all to take a grinder to the mount or something.

No problem here, but the difference in lift height could affect that.

not a height issue, it rubs at any angle. I'll try to get a photo as an example of what I mean.

clearance.jpg

I'm talking about the top of the end. There is a little less than 1mm clearance until the arm is twisted, then it rubs. I'm assuming that they drilled the holes too high in the box. Did it on both mounts, too.

Oh, nothin like that here.

Im pretty sure the top of mine are boxed as well, but Im now doubting myself. If Im remembering correctly I didnt have any interferance issues at all like that.

Might want to call and ask whats up with that.

well, I bought it from a former TNT dealer, not direct. I'll just take a grinder to it when I get a chance and call it good.

Your is boxed, at the very back. You can see it in the 2nd shot. Mine is too. More like a 3/16 gap.

Flex it out, see if it hits. I'm guessing that that it won't.

whatevah said:

Maybe its just me, but it looks like the 'top' of the box is bent in, causing the lack of clearance.. like it was hit with a hammer or had something set on top of it (would have to be very very heavy?)

sorry for the delay, didn't get the reply notification email.

both of the boxes are "square", no bends in it. however, the top of the box is cut in at the center, so it appears to be bent from the angle of the camera.

Back