• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

headlights turning off and on

totalvideo2

NAXJA Forum User
this just happened to me today while i was driving to work, i was on the freeway goin about 50 and my headlights started turning off and then back on within 2-3 seconds. Both of them turned off and on at the same time, just wondering if anyone could tell me what could be wrong?

Need details, year, stock headlights or upgrades, etc. I just located a non weatherpak connector located down by the airbox on my 93 that had completely rotted out. I had just lost marker lights, but ALL lights were in jeopardy. I cut out the connector and heatshrinked ALL connectors in the box and that was that. Good luck

totalvideo2 said:
this just happened to me today while i was driving to work, i was on the freeway goin about 50 and my headlights started turning off and then back on within 2-3 seconds. Both of them turned off and on at the same time, just wondering if anyone could tell me what could be wrong?

There is at least one electrical connector at the front of the driver side fender I know of, disconnect and clean with electrical contact cleaner and coat with dielectric grease. Do this to any of the connectors at the front of your jeep, I don't know exactly what they are all for, but believe me it couldn't hurt. Also pull those relays in that same area, clean contacts, lube with dielectric grease and replace. One of them feeds your lights and could be going bad. Turn your lights on and pull one out at a time and replug until you find the right relay. They cost about $10.00 @ Autozone. Unlikely, but check the fuse panel under the driver side dash near the brake pedal to make sure everything is okay there. And of course the problem may be in the headlight switch itself. If it is you may need a new one. (I don't know if they can be repaired).
Lastly you could have a bad (corroded) ground somewhere. I think there is one or two grounds in this same area. Hope this helps.

Back