• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JK Shocks onan XJ....

FreemansXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a chance to buy a set of new JK Wrangler Rubicon shocks (take-offs) for a very good price. I swear I read somewhere that the JK shocks would work very well on a Cherokee with a small lift (3"), but I cannot find where I read this to save my arse. I tried searching, but "JK" is too small of a search word.....grrrr.

Can someone please confirm or deny whether the JK shocks will work on my Cherokee (with the 3" lift).

Thx again,

JOhn

tapemeasureks4.jpg

That would be a great way to figure it out Ramsey, except my Jeep is currently sitting without its engine, so I cannot flex it to measure. Here are the specs for the stock JK rubicon shocks though....

Stock Rubicon rear shock lengths:
Collapsed = 14.625"
Extended = 23 .125"
Travel = 8.50"

Stock rear shock lengths:
Collapsed = 14.50"
Extended = 22.50"
Travel = 8.0"

JOhn

stock means NOTHING unless your rig is stock.
ive learned that nobody is gonna tell you what size shocks to run, and IF someone does, theyre most likely gonna be wrong... for the love of god... GO MEASURE

i have 10" foxes on my 3" lift (non RE lift... soft 3")
.... if you can find their extended/compressed lengths you can use that as a guestimate, but i wont tell you, because i dont want to be wrong and have you order the wrong stuff cause you listened to me

if its not running... you can measure the ride heigh shock requirements and get a basic ball park from there...

stock rubicon shocks are 23" 1/4' extended.. ?so if you subtract half the travel(4"), you'll get a 29 1/4 shock (at ride heigh, assuming your suspension is setup 50%up/50%down...
so will a 29.125" shock fit in it at ride height?

i dont think it will.... besides, you typically want MORE travel

Last edited:
Back