• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

np 242 help

Stockton

NAXJA Forum User
I've seen the other np242 threads but need a little more basic assistance before I can actually get INTO the case to install the TW SYE.

1. What is the correct size hex for the drain/fill plugs? My hex kits don't go that big and I really don't want to buy an entire kit for ONE hex wrench. I was thinking that I would just have a mess when I cracked the case instead of going out to buy another hex.

2. After you pull the rear ds and the rubber boot...there is a metal collar around the rear main output shaft with two tabs that go on the inside of the cone. How do you pull this off without bending it to hell? Or is that SOP? Thanks.

Drain/fill 30mm fits and if our talking about the extension housing you can unbolt and slide the whole assembly off a picture would help.

I think it is actually called the slinger. It is still giving me problems. I went out and purchased a gear puller...all is it doing is bending up the sides of the slinger. I don't want to destroy the bell housing...you know the whole core charge deal, so leverage is tough. I thought the gear puller would solve the issue...oh well. Anyone else have any suggestions on getting this little PITA off?

Back