• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thoughts on the new front look?

jiipin

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I went out and took some photos of the Jeep yesterday, and just wanted to see what some of you thought of my rig ('JohnnyCash') and the mods I made to the front. Basically I got in an accident and instead of replacing the bumper, did this - >

http://www.fuse-photographic.com/other/JohnnyCash/

It's not so great as far as not having a front bumper, but I also have the 60" Hi-Lift that mounts there that can act as a bumper.

Dont you legally have to have a front bumper though?

nice looking rig!

Muddy Beast said:
Dont you legally have to have a front bumper though?

may depend on the state you live in but i dont run a front bumper cause of the expences and upgrades i did and the old bumper would not fit back on due to bent bumper bracket...so i would say no

Thanks guys! You definitely can't pull on the diamond plate, but that's why I've got the tow hooks up front anyhow. It started out as more of a cosmetic thing to cover up the crappy looking bumperless...ness, and ended up as something that I really like the look of.

Also, the website is indeed mine - and I really appreciate the props on my photography! Thank you!

looks kinda cool but offers zero protection to the bottom of the headlights/fenders.You would be surprised how weak that area is.I would re-think that setup For a jeep that see's any trail action at all.....if not we'll see you back here with a thread called
"Help I fawked up my front end because I went wheelin without a bumper"

Last edited:
Welded in a receiver for the front bumper. Incorporates the steering box bolts with additional plate. Has definitely been pulled on. I agree with the zero protection thing. My next project is laying some tube up front.

IMG_0068.jpg

I was thinking about running a piece of solid steel tubing, maybe 1" diameter, just under where the front end would meet the bumper if it were there, welded to the big a** tow hook mounts on both sides. That way I'd still have a good approach angle, protection for the header panel area, and more places to throw the hi-lift under if need be. It would also be removable with the tow hooks in case of a future full bumper upg. It wouldn't be a full bumper by any means, but still offer protection and keep the look clean. Thoughts?

Agreed on the page and the photography - NICE work man, beautiful job!

Jeep looks hot too! I'd just keep that front end out of the rocks if I could hahaha. Other than that, it's an original idea that makes one look twice - well done!

Looks like you found out the hard way about the lack of protection(red arrow)

Shouldn't be too hard at all to box in the corners with flat plate and still retain the kick ass approach angle.(yellow paint)

Yeah, I did. I was thinkin more like this.

IMG_0068caged.jpg

jiipin said:
Hey guys, I went out and took some photos of the Jeep yesterday, and just wanted to see what some of you thought of my rig ('JohnnyCash') and the mods I made to the front. Basically I got in an accident and instead of replacing the bumper, did this - >

http://www.fuse-photographic.com/other/JohnnyCash/

It's not so great as far as not having a front bumper, but I also have the 60" Hi-Lift that mounts there that can act as a bumper.

Whats the spects on the rig? Nice rig bythe way.

Thanks! I guess I should put these in my sig:

- 4.0, 4wd, AW4, 173K
-3” lift, full coils and AAL
-Ohana Fab Rock Rail Sliders
-Black American Racing Wheels, 31” BFG tires
-JKS Quicker Disconnects
-ConFerr Safari Rack
-Trimmed Fenders
-Daystar/Rancho Shocks
-60” Hi-Lift Extreme w/front and rack mounts
-Diamond Plate fascia
-Transfer Case Skid