• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well, I got hit again.....

88manche

NAXJA Forum User
I have no clue how, but my jeep seems to be a car/dumba$$ magnet.

I got hit by a 2005 caddie Escalade. And now my unibody is bent right infront of the last exhaust hangar. the bumper didn't even bend. Just that. I guess now the insurance company will total it, right?

Now, here is some thing I'm kinda concerned about. I'm pretty sure the insurance company (state farm) is going to pin the unibody damage on off-roading and putting the vehicle through more stressfull surroundings than a normal vehicle would go through.

As for pics, If i can get them to load from my phone onto the computer, I'll get em. I am gonna take some pics of the damage to my jeep tomorrow.

Crap man that sucks, and good luck with the insurance! I hope it all plays out on your side.

P.S. For the record, I was "rear ended" buy a buddy of mine who has state farm...they gave me hell for a few weeks till I finally got my checks in the mail, then I was happy.

Has state farm seen you take it off road??? Why would that matter?

You're the injured party. You are entitled to be made whole by the at-fault's insurance.

By all means, talk to their adjuster. Expect their quote to come in low-ball (that's their job, BTW.) Look it over, and make sure to add back in everything that you can attribute to the accident. You may need to get ugly, but you are the injured party here.

you realy do need to rape them so to speak. when i got it in the rear (thats plesent) the other peoples ins. looked over my rig and didnt total it, and you have seen what the damage is. had a check in hand one week later. still dont know why i didnt get my bumpers with it. i could have got one for the front and rear and still had some left over with what thay got me.

85xj4dr said:
Now, here is some thing I'm kinda concerned about. I'm pretty sure the insurance company (state farm) is going to pin the unibody damage on off-roading and putting the vehicle through more stressfull surroundings than a normal vehicle would go through.

Uhmmmmm........ What does Chrysler advertise for the Jeep?? "Trail Ready?" What are Jeeps made for? The mall? uh-uh the main selling point of Jeeps is for the trail and offroad. Jeep also is in tight with the Jeep Jamboree folks, which signifies corporate acceptance of offroading of jeep vehicles.

If they give you any crap just tell them that they can either pay now, or pay one of the accident specialty lawyers legal fees, etc., as the vehicle was fine until it was hit in the side by the little old lady in her heavy little old Cadillac Escalade. If State Farm gives you a hassle about off roading and the unibody, it is time to get one of the lawyers that that will chase them like a pit-bull. And let the lawyer earn his money from them, etc.

Remember when the initiative was on the ballot in this state about the insurance companies? And State Farm was so vigorously anti the initiative because they were so honest and paid everything and didn't think the initiative was needed? :)

edit: And this is a very good reason too folks on why you should hang on to ALL your receipts for all the stuff and work that you have done to your vehicle. Also take a picture or two or three of all the stuff on it, the frame, etc., just so you have something for the lawyer to work with.

Last edited:
85xj4dr said:
What do you mean they gave you hell? What all happened?

Well they were just really slow. I had to keep calling and talking to different people telling the same story, and they didn't tow my totaled car even 2 days after the event, and in that 2 days I risked getting a ticket for leaving my car...so I had to call my insurance and have it towed to my house because they wouldnt give me a place to put the damn thing. Then it sat for another 3 days until they took it away to some building to get a quote.

Overall, I hate State-farm! :mad:

Subrogation is your friend, if it's available in your state.

I've been with State Farm on the order of 20 years in 3 states, and have had NO problems with claims through State Farm. I did have a problem when filing a claim through All-State because of an accident caused by one of their clients.

The short story is that they don't feel that much urgency to fix you up. Call your agent, and tell them you want the claim to go through subrogation. At least in Illinois, I had to pay my deductible up front, and got my deductible back first once State Farm and All-State got done fighting about it.

i love state farm, i got 100k from a lawsuit i was in a few years ago. too bad 30K went towards the lawyer and and a little over 50K towards 7 hours in the hospital. Damn but state farm pays out. Myabe its just because i was in the vehicle of a state farm holder and he was drinking and hit a tree and fawked me up.

From my experiences with State Farm, I call them State Screw Job....

I have not had one easy experience in dealing with that company.....

And, yes lawyers are the way to go here.....

Heres the frame-ish thingy part that got bent. This is just a real quick phone camera shot, I'll get better ones tomorrow.

frame.jpg

The front of her caddie
caddicrunch.jpg

caddie.jpg

Back