• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 swap no brake pressure

so i did an 8.8 swap and love it, but now i have no brake pressure at all to the rear and my peddle is straight mush. I was thinking i need a bigger MC or just lose the Proportioning valve alltogether. the rig isnt street driven any more or much (green sticker(ya i know)) but id still like brakes :explosion

Im assuming you've bleed the system completly, starting at the caliper furthest away from the MC?

Right Rear, Left Rear, Right Front, Left Front

Are your calipers swaped? The Bleed screw should be on the top of the caliper.

Are your lines all tight? No leaks.

Im using the stock MC and Prop Valve and I have no problems.

swbooking said:
Im assuming you've bleed the system completly, starting at the caliper furthest away from the MC?

Right Rear, Left Rear, Right Front, Left Front

Are your calipers swaped? The Bleed screw should be on the top of the caliper.

Are your lines all tight? No leaks.

Im using the stock MC and Prop Valve and I have no problems.

Are you using the prop valve form a ZJ? When i do an 8.8 swap you are suppoesd to do this, but is it really neccesary?

No, im running the stock prop. Im sure it will help, but i dont think its "necessary" per say.

If your fluids are full and you have no leaks, I would think the plunger in the master cylnder is shot allowing fluid behind it. My experiance has been that, if you apply pressure til the peddle stops, lift it a bit, apply again and the peddle goes futher down the MC is shot.

check your wheel cylinders they may be shot, even though you keep bleeding the system they arnt working properly, also check to make sure that they are fully adjusted, did you replace the brakes when you put the 8.8 in?

whitetrashxj said:
check your wheel cylinders they may be shot, even though you keep bleeding the system they arnt working properly, also check to make sure that they are fully adjusted, did you replace the brakes when you put the 8.8 in?

No wheel cylinders on disc brakes. Make double sure the calipers are on the correct side. The bleeder valve needs to be at the uppermost portion of the caliper to let all the air out.

Back