• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn Winch Wiring

Starboard M

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
So being the smart guy that I am, when I pulled my engine I also pulled the control box on my XD9000.

That would be fine if I had the stickers on the cables telling me where they went, but unfortunatly they have been rubbed off.

Does anyone have a picture of the control box wiring showing where the cables go? Everything online just shows the winch side, and not the inside of the box.

Im assuming that all the non integrated winches are the same, so 8k,9k,9.5k etc so any of those would work.

Thanks

Just hook the three cables to where you think they go and put power to it, if it doesnt work switch them up untill they do work.. Might take some time, but I'm sure that will work..

Keil

rooneypower said:
Just hook the three cables to where you think they go and put power to it, if it doesnt work switch them up untill they do work.. Might take some time, but I'm sure that will work..

Keil
Ive tried that. Ive gotten it to spool in, but not out. When messed with, it will still spool in, but with the out button depressed.

I do not have a wiring diagram but when I did mine I took the cover off the box, sat down with a pencil and paper and worked out the relay logic so I understood exactly how it worked
Check to photos below. Thee are two shots of the box removed and wired, ready to be installed. I labled the terminals so maybe you can figure it out.
Winch photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lwade/sets/72157604557867782/

Back