• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

getting myself into more trouble..

proskier101

NAXJA Forum User
or maybe not

Well the welder made it in today, so now all i have to do is buy gas and a helmet and ill get going.

so far i am tossing some ideas around of what i want to do.

part of me says to just trim the lower rear quater panel to get rid of the smashed part,

but the other says to comp cut and move the axle back or flip the XJ springs around...
icon_twisted.gif

basically just some sheet metal work and some 3/16 plate welding..nothing tough right?

What is easier to do: move the springs mounts back 2-3" and build a new rear bumper that the shckles will mount to?(only draw back here is that i have never build a bumper and i dont want it to look like ass)

OR

just flip the spring around and rebuild new mounts in the same spots.

I vote making drop down/3" rearward spring mounts. As i flipped my springs around and it stretched the wheel base alright, but has quite a bit of axle wrap under load in 4lo. I am currently building a crossmember to mount my traction bar set up to...

here is a link to an idea of what im talking about:
http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoRearLeafMounts.htm

So i vote moving front leaf spring mount back and then getting some of those rear shackle relocators that a guy on here sells. I have a set but havent put them on yet....

Last edited:
Back