• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

good brakes?

The_ImPaLeR

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Dave here I own a 98' xj sport with a 2 inch lift on 30's. Well anyway, I had the FR brake caliper size up on me the other day. Since it's lifted and stops like poopoo its time for the brakes to get some attention. I already replaced the rear with all new stuff. I'm looking for a recommendation on what to do with the front. Im guessing a new set of good quality pads and slotted rotors is in order plus 2 calipers,I guess ill get the caliper from napa or something. Do you think I Should replace them both or just wait and see if the other one goes bad? i found a set of slotted rotors + pads on quadratec http://www.quadratec.com/products/12700_101.htm does anybody have any other recommendations on what to buy? or other things i could do to improve performance? Thanks, -Dave

Vanco big brakes are the best if you want improved stopping. If you just want to retain stock, replace the calipers, get a good set of SOLID rotors (slotted are not needed on a Jeep and actually reduce braking under normal stopping conditions.) and some EBC pads.

I just put on centric rotors and wagner pads after seeing a thread a week ago or so. The set-up is much better than my old powerslot hawk combo. I got them through www.rockauto.com They are a quality product and not to spendy either. I got them in 3 days and the jeep is stopping much better. Also the is a dicount code if you google for it. I got 2 rotors and pads for just under $130 shipped

Back