• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overland Journal Trailer Testing Article

xj_mike

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I can finally speak about this trip since the magazine article came out yesterday in Overland Journal. This is a great magazine for Adventure or Expedition type traveling. I was asked to participate in this testing article, repersenting Kamparoo. Kamparoo asked me if I would do this as they could not get a trailer down in time for testing. They paid my expenses as well. It was a great amount of fun, with some great people and cool rigs. It was held in Prescott, AZ back mid May this year. I'm not going to say much on the article as you can read that in the magazine but I will share some photos taken on the trip. Hope you enjoy.

Getting ready to head out on day one.
PICT4572.jpg

My favorite picture, nice flex!!!
Prescott_trailer_testing_210.jpg

Trailer following along, no problem.
Prescott_trailer_testing_211.jpg

Cruising on up the ravine.
Prescott_trailer_testing_213.jpg

Still climbing up the trail. Hardly even feel the trailer behind me.
Prescott_trailer_testing_234.jpg

Made it up to the top.
PICT4587.jpg

Camp the first night.
Prescott_trailer_testing_276.jpg

Well, you can see all of the pictures at http://gallery.lisaandmike.org/trailertest

PICT4559.jpg

PICT4566.jpg

Mario's rig makes me drool every time I see pics of it, Can't wait to see it when he is done with the latest round of mods. Too bad he never gets on here.

Looks like a Whipple charger......trailer is cool, I want to see more on the MJ!

Prepmech said:
Mario's rig makes me drool every time I see pics of it...

I'll say... Made my heart go pitter-pat...

That's an awful tough looking MJ...

Robert

Man the shipping on that must have been outrageous! Thats a Cub weekender. at least its labeled as such. Those are made in Australia!

Just read the article and I loved it. I have plans drawn up for a trailer I want to build and this article really helped me decide what features I wanted and what features to toss. One question I had was how well a simple leaf spring and shock suspension worked on washboard and rough roads. It seems to be the easiest way to go for a home build. Maybe I can build a custom independent suspension or maybe I can get AT to sell me a chaser frame and suspension. Way to many ideas and ways to go on this.

Back