• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj unibody woes,..

bxj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm re-installing my ole Ford 8.8 and a few other expensive items and I think I might be in some type of mechanical denial this evening-At this particular point I am really deeply and emotionally invested in my ole XJ and am worried that I might have to change to another unibody after cutting into the frame well in the rear -In takeing off the driver side front leaf spring inner bolt which is encased inside the unibody frame well ,I had to cut though the top interior unibody floor to remove a rusted/froze bolt-I have tried to MIG weld some portions of the 2"-inch X 3"-inch area with a thin sheet metal piece but I am worried since this area is where there is great forces at work and wondering if this has substantially weaken the driver side front leaf spring inner bolt attachment point-Anyone here been though this experience?-What might be some other options or solutions-TIA

box the frame where you cut it and use coils in the rear. this way you dont have to worry about breaking the leafspring mount off your unibody

Back