• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gettin' ready for the BBQ

Jump This

Just another minion!
Feeding 250 people takes a lot of preparation and practice.
The wife and I have been working on the different recipes for the meat portion of the event, and I think we have a winner for the ribs!
100_5314.jpg

Those are not burnt, there is brown sugar in the rub (might need some modification to the recipe.)
Its a home made rub. Ribs are cooked in foil then browned...
I have put a lot of effort into this!
100_5340.jpg

100_5339.jpg

Rick

Rick you are a brave man! Cooking ribs for 250!! That is a pain in the a*@#. Man I have been BBQ'in for my 130 employees for 20 years and even for that amount Ribs are so much work. Good for You!

FordGuy said:
Rick you are a brave man! Cooking ribs for 250!! That is a pain in the a*@#. Man I have been BBQ'in for my 130 employees for 20 years and even for that amount Ribs are so much work. Good for You!

Ribs are only part of the meat menu.
We will have chicken, brisquet and a slow cooked roast recipe too.

Cool, But still a lot of work. The roast sounds like a good idea, I always do Smoked pork butt's for a large crowd, but they do take 12 hours, but yield large quantities.

Hey Rick
If you need any help cooking or anything else for the dinner let me know.

FordGuy said:
Cool, But still a lot of work. The roast sounds like a good idea, I always do Smoked pork butt's for a large crowd, but they do take 12 hours, but yield large quantities.

Do I anticipate some recruitment about to happen?

:D

Back