• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 4.5" lift kit questions

TimmyA

NAXJA Forum User
I'm currently installing the RE 4.5" super-flex suspension system on my 98' XJ. I got the cv drive shaft and SYE... as well as the heavy duty upgraded trackbar and bracket brace... Do I need a longer pitman arm, and do I need to put on the T-case lowering kit that comes with it

The pitman arm is a good idea but not altogether needed. I wouldn't put the lowering kit on a 4 1/2" lift, it just decreases your ground clearance. I have a TNT 5 1/2" long arm lift now and don't need one on my 91 xj. (I did put one on my xj with a RE 4 1/2" lift and took it off right away do to hitting the cross member all the time.

Have RE SF 4.5" on a '99 and no drop pittman arm. It has not been an issue and my jeep is a daily driver. I would finish up the lift, drive it around awhile, and then decide later if you need it or not.

X2 on the lowering kit. One of the reasons I got a tom woods drive shaft was so I wouldn't need the lowering kit. Since you're putting on the sye I would forgo the t-case drop.

Cheers.

TimmyA said:
I'm currently installing the RE 4.5" super-flex suspension system on my 98' XJ. I got the cv drive shaft and SYE... as well as the heavy duty upgraded trackbar and bracket brace... Do I need a longer pitman arm, and do I need to put on the T-case lowering kit that comes with it

I just put in that same lift. The SYE should prevent you from having to use the Tcase lowering kit. Mine is still in its box. I did not use a drop pitman arm...no problems here.

What would be the indications that a dropped pitman arm is needed? I have 3" and access to a free dropped pitman arm. Would it hurt to throw it on?

smcdonaldaz said:
What would be the indications that a dropped pitman arm is needed? I have 3" and access to a free dropped pitman arm. Would it hurt to throw it on?

You shouldn't need it unless you mess with your trac bar mounts. You want that and your trac bar to have the same angles.

MoparManiac said:
You shouldn't need it unless you mess with your trac bar mounts. You want that and your trac bar to have the same angles.
...and the RE 4.5" lifts don't mess with the trackbar mount - even the HD one (RE1660, etc) works fine with the stock pitman arm.

Sell the t-case lowering kit.

http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/45lift.html

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Back