• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

placing OBA fittings at front/rear of vehicle....

scorpio_vette

NAXJA Forum User
ok i got my OBA setup all done, but i'm to dumb to come up with any ideas how to mount a fitting at the front and rear of the vehicle. i was thinking about having one in/near the front bumper, and another in the back in/near the rear bumper.

somebody already suggested putting it under the hood, but i would like to set it up so i don't have to open the hood since i don't have any part of my system in there other than the compressor.

how/what have you guys done??? any pics???

What about having the hook-up for the front coming out of the cowl? I think I've seen one placed there before. twas like a 90* elbow that had a disconnect attached to it..

I put mine on the front bumper next to the receiver in a well protected recess. I used the one from OnBoardAir that has a dust cover, highly recommend it.

I only have one fitting, it is behind the gas door next to the filler. I used the bulkhead fittings found here.

bhfs_sc.gif

-Mike

I just drilled a suitably sized hole and welded in a 2" long black iron pipe nipple. Threaded a street ellbow onto it and then the Parker coupler w/dust cover like was mentioned earlier from Kilby (www.onboardair.com).

In the trunk/cargo area its the same nipple idea welded into a piece of 2" angle iron that's bolted to the body just inside the hatch. Did this since with the origianl bumper I couldn't figure a place the was moderatly easy to get to and protected.

The air tank is going away, but you can see the bracket above and left of the air tank.

347%3A636%3A2%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D46%3C%3D934%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3C4%3B56368ot1lsi

Back