• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trip report and pics.... 7-12-08

88manche

NAXJA Forum User
It was a good day. Sunny, not too hot. I had some major death wobble trouble going on going over a bridge on the way up there. Ryan (nightfoam) found Terry (juniorXJ) and I on the side of the road on highway 6. We got up there around 8:45, I think, after stopping at the Gale's creek shell to top off and use the facilities. We waited till about 10:30, then Dave and His buddy Justin(?) showed up with our lunch. We hit the trails.

IMGP2301.jpg

IMGP2300.jpg

IMGP2299.jpg

IMGP2304.jpg

The first trail wee hit was Cedar Tree. Everyone got pics.
IMGP2311.jpg

IMGP2307.jpg

IMGP2311.jpg

IMGP2316.jpg

IMGP2314.jpg

Dave, Terry and I all had to stand on Justin's back bumper to get his hi-lift to clear the tree. A little later on, he hit his lower control arm on a log and bent the bracket over. He wheeled the rest of the day like that.

After that, we stopped for lunch. We broke out the grill, hamburgers and hotdogs. We sat around for the better part of about 2 hours. Someones gonna have to fill in with pictures, video, words, whatever, for the rest of the trip. I can't rem,ember much right now.

I will include some - not all - of the videos I have.

Hey, good time!
Nick stopped near the beginning of cedar tree trail waiting for Dave to take care of his discos
nickcedar1.jpg

When we came to the first crossing was had to wait for a moped?

moped.jpg

nickgrill.jpg

Terry along Cedar Tree somewhere

terrycedar1.jpg

Nick going under the tree

nickcedar2.jpg

Terry under the tree

terrycedar2.jpg

Dave under the tree

davecedar1.jpg

Justin trying but not quite making it the first time

justincedar1.jpg

The problem

justincedar2.jpg

Backed up to try again. His Hi-lift still didn't quite clear so Nick, Terry and I hung off his back bumper and that was enough to clear

justincedar3.jpg

We then headed over to FB5. Justin went up first

justinfb1.jpg

Then Dave

davefb1.jpg

davefb2.jpg

After that I went up and had some trouble getting past where dave is in the above shot. After turning it off for a bit to let the engine cool down dave had to drive down and jump me. He did a good job backing up the hill!

We got up to the top of the hill and Justin promptly drove into a hole while we were talking to the FJ Cruiser group.

justinhole.jpg

SOMEBODY didn't quite clear a tree

davefb3.jpg

Justin got some good air climbing Hogsback after lunch.

justinhogsback.jpg

There is video still to come....

I had a blast, I will get my pictures and Vid up soon. I was WAY tired when I rolled into home. Everything seems good with the rig.. I really thought my engine was going to blow on the ride home.. but it did fine.

It took a couple hours to scrub off all the dirt.... I didn't get the flies out of my jeep until sunday afternoon. I vacumed it, cleaned it sprayed foo foo crap in it.. finally they went away..

It was a great time, I can't wait to get out there and do it again. Next time I would like to leave that dead end hill climb portion of Archers out of it :)

Yeah that dead end hill climb was kinda..... yeahhhhh.

I bent my tie rod too. Along with the dent in the door. My floor got WAY hot on the ride home though. It was kinda weird. Almost too hot to touch.

GlueNTape said:
I had a blast, I will get my pictures and Vid up soon. I was WAY tired when I rolled into home. Everything seems good with the rig.. I really thought my engine was going to blow on the ride home.. but it did fine.

It took a couple hours to scrub off all the dirt.... I didn't get the flies out of my jeep until sunday afternoon. I vacumed it, cleaned it sprayed foo foo crap in it.. finally they went away..

It was a great time, I can't wait to get out there and do it again. Next time I would like to leave that dead end hill climb portion of Archers out of it :)
dead end hill climb? i'v been on archers a few times and the only hill climb i know about is the one you have to Mob up, but its no deadend??:spin1:

the only pics i have left are the ones i took on my phone. thay arent all that good but ill post them eventualy. lost my good camera someware between the tree on ceader tree and the first hillclimb on FB5. IM SOOO MIFED. what kind of camera should i get now.

I think I can guess what dead end hill climb you're talking about. Across from Canopener?

Terry, get a DSLR. Now's the time!

BTW I went the Schwab today and I didn't have to say anything and they replaced the tire free of charge :)

Finally finished the video. I think I may have been a little OCD abou it but oh well. Did I over-produce it?

Here ya go

Is there a better way to post a youtube video on here?

Last edited:
Im so proud of my little Yeepie. yes you should have gone. what could possibly be your excuse?

now i know there were more pics taken than that ya'll. hay nightfoam, can i get all the original raw pics and vids of me.

now i know there were more pics taken than that ya'll. hay nightfoam, can i get all the original raw pics and vids of me. yall can delete the above post if need be.

anyway this here is what i have (well what i have left after loosing my camera.)

this is ware my story starts. i woke up and promptly recieved a call from nick (85xj4dr) saying he will be at the safeway parking garage on 39th and powel at 7:30. it was now 7:15 and his call woke me up. better hurry. anyway i arrived at the safeway parking garge at someware near 8:00 and we were on our way. the drive out was pretty uneventful except for the seisure nick jeep had on the bridge about 2 miles from gales creek shell. anywho, i lost my good camera someware between the tree on ceader tree and here. in this one we see nightfoam (cant remember your name to save my life) letting er cool after a couple of tire smoking pulls.
0712081245.jpg

then the battery died
0712081255a.jpg

on our way again.
0712081306a.jpg

some really nice CJ5s 7s & 8s, i think i even seen a 6 in there someware.
0712081622.jpg

0712081622a.jpg

and thats all i have. this sucks. appoligies for quality, camera phone. anyway that was a great day all said and done. everyones rigs performed great especialy mine, cause well, its mine hehe.

Back