• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire and rim combo

MONSTERxbla

NAXJA Forum User
so they only thing I need to buy for my upcoming build are rims and tires. I have been leaning towards soft 8s and wrangler mtr combo. I will be wheeling in the sierras and have seen a lot of rigs with this combo. I want to go with 15x8 with 35" tires with 3.75" bs. the other rims I was looking at were the allied rock-a-thons beadlocks, but am trying to decide if I really need them vs. the soft 8s...what do you think?

Great,other than the MTR's!

I had some 33x12.50x15 MT/Rs for about two months. The sidewalls are pretty thin. I got rid of them as soon as I could.

IMG_3912.jpg

Now I've got Maxxis Bighorns on 16x8 Allied beadlocks.

stebel8.jpg

Please don't get the Soft 8s. Too many people have that rim. It's like the official rim of jeepforum.com. :)

Yes, the soft 8's are getting dated; however, I run them on my rigs. The absolute best thing about an all steel wheel is that you can pound them back into enough shape to get you home when the rock you just slid down folded your bead surface back, that's really hard to do with aluminum when there is a huge chunk missing. To top that, you are out $40 and a call to summit racing, kind of hard to argue unless you are stuck on eye candy.
x3 on the MTR's, there are better choices for your hard earned dollars.
Boats:us:

Back