• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ Gas Tank Strap Bolts?

BADaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i recently replaced the gas tank on my comanche and one of the bolts that holds the strap broke. i'm afraid to try and tighten the ohters. anybody got any tricks on hardware store fixes for this? i haven't had any luck finding the distinct "j" bolts at the stores. the straps are still ok i think, but i'd like to replace all the bolts. i haven't looked at it yet too hard so i wanted to see if there were any ideas floating around here. i'm sure i'm not the only to deal with it. also, i just remembered that when i went to get rid of the old tank, i noticed there was still something in it- it was a black sleeve like thing with a 90 degree plastic elbow. i'm guess it's a type of filter for the pick up unit? how crucial is this piece to the well being of my MJ? i've got an inline wix filter but that won't do much for my pickup unit...
Thanks!

Back