• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ok just double checking

generalleexj

NAXJA Forum User
alright well ive been doing alot of research lately searching these forums, and i just wanted to get a double check before i spend my money.

i have a 2001 cherokee limited with 6 " lift
4.5 coils/leafs
2" spacers/shackles
rockyroad adj. track bar
s/s brake lines
RE drop brackets
Stock upper control arms
RE fixed lower control arms
P.O.R.C. SYE
front shaft out of my old 89 cherokee in the rear

well my steering hasent been the best since i put the lift on, so im going to go all out and from what all ive been searching, the following things will greatly improve my steering

RE1665 H.D. Track bar bracket 82.95
RE1660 Extra H.D. Track bar XJ 174.95
RE2500 Pitman Arm Yj/Tj/Xj 64.95
RE 3781 Control arm SR2 Upper Fixed 164.95
RXTTT4 Rubicon Twin Tube shocks (4) 189.95
RXT2000 Rubicon jeep steering stabilizer 32.95

if you think im doing anything wrong please tell me. thankyou

I'm guessing your stock upper control arms with 6" of lift is probably making things pretty rough. Good call on getting new uppers, everything else looks good.
I would also go ahead and recommend a steering box brace or plate in advance. If you don't have problems now, you will soon.

Chris

yeah my uppers are stock, but its not that bad since i have RE control arm drop brackets. but i just want to correct driveshaft angles.

so everything on my list seems correct, except the drop pitman arm ???

but i thought that if i get that RE track bar bracket it drops the track bar a few inches, and i was told that if i do that i have to do the same with the pitman arm ? or does the track bar bracket not drop ???

Two things,first the RE trackbar bracket does NOT change the centerline of rod end as compared to stock.Second,get adj uppers so you can adjust caster/pinon angles.

ok so get everything on my list EXCEPT the drop pitman arm. just the HD track bar/ and bracket should be fine with the stock pitman arm correct ?

and second instead of fixed, i should get RE ADJUSTABLE upper arms

sorry about all the questions, its just i dont have any money yet, and when i finally save up i want to make sure im not wasting it.

thanks again

That sounds about right to me, should help things quite a bit.

Chris

Back