• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Relay for fan??

cardboard

NAXJA Forum User
Some one posted an excellent diagram of how to wire in relay for a manual switch for the electric fan a while ago. I saved it but some how it has disappeared from my puter and now I cant locate the link again in my searches. If somone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
Thanx Cardboard

cardboard said:
Some one posted an excellent diagram of how to wire in relay for a manual switch for the electric fan a while ago. I saved it but some how it has disappeared from my puter and now I cant locate the link again in my searches. If somone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
Thanx Cardboard

What year? It makes a difference...

I just follewed the one off of projectxj.com. I have got a 91 also and it works excellent.

i just cut the wire that tells the stock relay to turn the fan on when you turn the AC on...i believe it was orange on my 87....and ran it to a switch...so i used the stock relay.

It is way easier if you tie into the fan wire in the harness right next to the fuse box, split and splice the wire, there and then you can install a fusible link right at the junction box. clean and no long wire runs. nice spot for the relay on the cowl. 12g should be the smallest to use, wire your swtich to be hot in the run postion, then you don't need to worry about leaving it on.

Last edited:
Back