• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gas tank sending unit help

pabloconrad

NAXJA Forum User
Ok.

I have an 85 carbureted Jeep. Originally w/the 2.8.

I ordered a new sending unit and new tank. The tank I got is different than the one I have. My old one has a top mounted sending unit and the new one has it on the front side of the tank. The sending unit I got is for the top mounted one.

I ordered a new tank because I want a larger one (insert crude comment here) and I think the sending unit tube is rusted. I get below 1/4 tank and it begins acting like its vapor locking.

My dilemma: I called a stealership and the guy I talked to (very knowledgable concerning modified Jeeps) told me the tank w/the top mounting sensor has been discontinued for years and that the tank I got will work great. But he told me the sending unit made for the upgraded tank has also been discontinued.

Does anyone know where I can find a sending unit specifically for a carbureted unit with the 20 gallon tank?

Thanks in advance.

Back