• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

32x11.5 or 33x10.5 ? Pros and cons?

canadianwheeler

NAXJA Forum User
A little setup info first

92 xj 4.0L
RE 4.5" lift
4.10's (d30 and d35)
Minor fender trimming
31X10.5 on 7" black steelies (about 4 inch offset)

So its becoming time to buy new tires again and of course i want to go bigger. If the law would let me run flareless i would but i cant so i will be keeping my stock flares. So a skinner tire would be my best option ? Also since my black steelies are almost new i dont wanna buy new rims so i need a tire that would fit a 7" rim.

Should i run 32x11.5 or 33x10.5 tires? Whats everyone else running with this setup?

I'm running 32x11.5" BFGs on 4" of lift and it performs great. I'm tempted to go to 33x10.5s for the slight bit of height, but then my gearing would be farther off and I would need to extend my bump-stops. As it is with massive fender cutting I have not extended my front bump-stops at all.

Visually I think the 32x11.5" tires are the best proportional fit on an XJ
abn.sized.jpg

i saw a jeep w/ the 32/11.50 and it was definatly impressive looking. and will do better in mud w/ a little wider tire, however, the taller tire makes the jeep look higher and will bring the speedo back in line a little (assuming your speedo is fast.)

I have 4.5" of lift and 32x11.5 bfg's. The 4.10 gears are perfect for this tire size. My speedo reads about 5mph high on the freeway so the gearing is definitely a little lower than stock. I agree with Chris S the proportions are very good. Heres a couple of poser shots...
6b03scd.jpg

7240scd.jpg

CreativeSN said:
I have 4.5" of lift and 32x11.5 bfg's. The 4.10 gears are perfect for this tire size. My speedo reads about 5mph high on the freeway so the gearing is definitely a little lower than stock. I agree with Chris S the proportions are very good. Heres a couple of poser shots...
6b03scd.jpg

7240scd.jpg

Pics not working......

Starscream918 said:
They're a metric size. They measure right around 33x11 IIRC.

I, too, have 32x11.50s (BFG MTs) and I like them. I've thought about moving to 33x10.50s, but I feel the extra width helps for getting some nice bite in the mud and on the rocks.

What the metric size for 33x11 ? Do they also make them for a 15" rim?

im running 32x10.50 (265/75/R16) trxus muds on a rubicon 3.5" plus a "2 spacer. Works great. I agree with that other guy in saying that i believe they are the best looking proportionally on an xj. Theres def a big dif in appearance between a 31 and a 32 but I also decided to maybe take a step down from 33s for the sake of greater articulation.

Back