• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

catalytic converter help

ezsk8er

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys im trying to help my buddy get his joop threw emissions, the check engine light is on and its throwing code 72 catalytic converter circuit code if i replace the converter will this fix the problem or am i missing something, i plan on doing the down stream o2 while im there, help need right away, he needs it done by the 11th procrastinator...

Maybe he means a Jeep with round headlights?

Is it a 96? If so check for a recall on them as mine was replaced with 142,000 miles on it for free by the dealership. As far as getting the code to go away by replacing it I do not know.

Is it possible that it's just the down stream O2 sensor causing it to throw the code and report a bad cat?

"JOOP"= In the days when the body CJ's were being produced, as the body stamping dies wore out, the "Jeep" logo slowly became "Joop". That is also when they started using the stickers that say "Jeep" over the raised "Joop" stamped area.

A bad 02s could throw a bad cat code on the newer XJ's, as well as other vehicles.....

For the recall stuff you can also take your VIN number in to the dealer and have them give you a printout of the various recalls.

Back