• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What year ZJ CV axle shafts fit in a HP D30

jmsull

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '99 XJ with a HP D30 (obviously no vac disconnect). The u-joints are going out, I was thinking of replacing the shafts with the CV shafts from a ZJ D30.

So my question is has anyone done it, and does anyone know what shafts would fit in a '99 HP D30?

dont do the cv's! u joints are cheap and easy!

jmsull said:
I have a '99 XJ with a HP D30 (obviously no vac disconnect). The u-joints are going out, I was thinking of replacing the shafts with the CV shafts from a ZJ D30.

So my question is has anyone done it, and does anyone know what shafts would fit in a '99 HP D30?

cv's are for gramma's focus!

I switched to CV axle shafts a year ago and love them. My shafts came from a 1996 Grand.

That will be a joy to replace on the trail.

razdrvr said:
That will be a joy to replace on the trail.

I'm not saying the CV's are the way to go, but why would it be any tougher to pull a CV shaft and stick a new one in vs. pull a u joint shaft and stick a new one in?

as for the CV shafts, has anyone actually used one with any luck? I can get them at work brand new for $70.00 with lifetime guarantee, but have been worried about how many spares I'd need on the trails....

hanaxj87 said:
I switched to CV axle shafts a year ago and love them. My shafts came from a 1996 Grand.

Thanks, what year XJ do you have? I'd guess '87, but you never know.

What tires are you guys running on these cv's? I would find them difficult to trust offroad. Probably just fine for road/winter driving though

Back