• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/c-Heat-Fan Questions

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
Havnt had the jeep to long.. few months, The heat works.. but the ac does not..

First of all, For some reason i dont get much "Pressure" from the fan, it seems to just Flow out at one steady pace on any "Speed selection"...

I'd like to fix this problem that seems to be "Common" within my group of XJ's.. and get my A/C goin. I have some money this weekend. but i cant afford a dealership to Charge me $500+/-

where should i start!

from indide the engine bay, pull the blower motor and clean out any garbage/ dead squirrils in there first. Check the blower resistor under the dash for continuity between each terminal (search and you'll find locations) and then dig deeper and verify that all the ducts are attached securely under the dash.
the blend door and position doors are vacuum actuated, but if you get the correct temp in the correct locations, that shouldn't be the problem-- never hurts to double check, though.

Or dead mice...
p1010070.jpg

I'm not familiar with what's going on inside the heater/AC box on the early Jeeps, but you're saying it works fine until you select AC. If you're getting full airflow until you select AC then perhaps you've got an issue with one of the doors inside the box. They're vacuum driven on my '01, if they are on the '89 also then it could be one of the lines or actuators.

noo not just ac.. The fan itsself does not "Blow" it "Vents" air, Regardless of Heat or A/c...i think i have two issues.. Fix fan.. Then "Charge" a/c

Get a test light for the blower motor-sounds like its not working at all. A 12v bulb would be fine. I assume you checked the fuses underneath the dash by the footwell?

You need to fix the fan then charge the A/C.

nw-xj-scott said:
noo not just ac.. The fan itsself does not "Blow" it "Vents" air, Regardless of Heat or A/c...i think i have two issues.. Fix fan.. Then "Charge" a/c

OK, that's more clear. Some basic troubleshooting on the fan should get you pointed in the right direction.

Back