• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which one? SYE, TC lowering kit, CV driveshaft??

benulis55

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

I know this info is around but i need a few QUICK opinions

I am adding a RE 4.5" kit.....what is the cheapest way to avoid vibes?

SYE

CV driveshaft

TC drop kit

i know that lowering transfercase will be the cheapest, but will it work? I just need to be able to drive it on the highway now and then without it vibrating itself to pieces

thanks guys

What year/axles/tc do you have? on an earlyer model with the 242/D35 you should be fine with a TC drop... but there are many Variations that can change that.

SYE w/ CV is the only way to go! If money is tight you can get away with TC lowering.

I got a np231 and a 5 speed d44 now in the rear, after I lifted it 4.5 re lift. it was binding so bad could not drive the xj. Next day did a 1 inch tc drop, just with some spacers and bolts from osh. Worked great. I how ever just ordered a sye kit from offroad toy stor 219 shipped. Then will pull a front ds from pick a part this weekend. It seems to be the right way to go. I still have to order some shims tho.

sye and cv shaft... if your gonna go to 4.5" you gotta be ready for the shit that goes with it :(

Anyway, if your into doing shit yourself you could search this forum for the dude who did it for $100.....

do it right the first time and save time and money

plus the TC drop = less ground clearance

We all want more ground clearance, thats the point of the lift(bigger tires).

stop being cheap...

do it once, do it right...

call your favorite driveshaft vendor and tell them you need an Advance Adapters SYE for your Jeep Cherokee and a CV driveshaft...

if you dont have a favorite driveshaft vendor, call Jess at High Angle Driveline -
http://highangledriveline.com/

he knows his stuff, and ships quick!

justin_502 said:
I got a np231 and a 5 speed d44 now in the rear, after I lifted it 4.5 re lift. it was binding so bad could not drive the xj. Next day did a 1 inch tc drop, just with some spacers and bolts from osh. Worked great. I how ever just ordered a sye kit from offroad toy stor 219 shipped. Then will pull a front ds from pick a part this weekend. It seems to be the right way to go. I still have to order some shims tho.
I was under the assumption that the Front DS method only works on AW4's. Or was the assumption wrong, and the Front DS had to be pulled from an AW4, but could go in either a D44 or C8.25?

I'd measure it just to be sure if I were you.

Back