• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no starting after 99 intake upgrade

proskier101

NAXJA Forum User
i jsut finished installing my apn header and 99 intake manifold and i have hooled up everything except the rear O2 sensor and the front is connected but no in the exhaust as i have no down pipe yet.

i went to start it and nothing, it turns over but no gas igniting

i have tested the fuel rail and there is a good amount of pressure there and i have triple checked the injector plugs and everything is good. So i have narrowed my problem to somewhere between the injectors and the main harnes(mounted to the firewall) but i cant pinpoint what is out of wack.

the only thing i can think of is that since the front o2 sensor is not in the exhaust it doesnt know how much gas to use so it just doesnt use any, but i would think it would still start, but jsut run crappy.

so i am at a loss and again the onlything i can see unplugged are the o2 sensors, whats going on?

any problems with the swap? I'm getting ready to do the same thing.

Did you switch to the new power steering pump? I know you need to swap brackets, but not sure about the pump itself. Thanks!

hasta

1994sport said:
any problems with the swap? I'm getting ready to do the same thing.

Did you switch to the new power steering pump? I know you need to swap brackets, but not sure about the pump itself. Thanks!

hasta

with the 1996 there isnt a need. and there was an issue with clearence on #6 cyclinder.

copper204 said:
Ground the housing of the O2 sensor and try again..Hal :explosion

the bomb exploding in your post doesnt amke me feel good.

but is this just for the 1st O2 sensor?

i know the down stream sensor is just to tell that the cat is wrong and the upstream tells the fuel mixture...does it make a difference if its grounded?

You did(n't) unconnect it and unbolt it from the back fuel rail stud before taking off the old mani. . .right?

ChrisRFewell said:
with the 1996 there isnt a need. and there was an issue with clearence on #6 cyclinder.

glad you got it figured out. Can you explain the clearance issue,and how you solved it? thanks.

1994sport said:
glad you got it figured out. Can you explain the clearance issue,and how you solved it? thanks.

i had to gind a bit on the #6 intake tube to make it fit. if you do not the bottom of the intake does not fit against the head, just be careful to to grind too much of the intake off though

ChrisRFewell said:
i had to gind a bit on the #6 intake tube to make it fit. if you do not the bottom of the intake does not fit against the head, just be careful to to grind too much of the intake off though
Thanks for the heads-up on that one; I'm about to do the same '99 intake swap on my '96 this weekend.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

ChrisRFewell said:

I'm guessing #6 is the rear most cylinder? What was it interferring with? the exhaust manifold / header?

thanks

Back