• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Super-Flex Joint ?'s

RenegadeStang

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a couple of questions.

#1: How tight should the joints be? I got a set of LCA's used, one joint I can move by hand, the other I can't. How tight should these be? I'll be purchasing the spanner tool to tighten them.

#2: One of the rubber bushings has had it. I think I read somewhere that some stock bushing will work in it's place. Any ideas?

On the REALLY REALLY old RE arms, they used stock rubber bushings. Anything made in the last 5 years or so has a proprietary (and superior) rubber bushing. The old style has a bushing that looks somewhat like the UCA bushing on your dana 30. If its narrow in the center and wide at the ends, it uses the RE bushing, and they are inexpensive directly from RE or any RE vendor (we have several that are NAXJA sponsors).

The superflex joint should be tight enough that you need a screwdriver or bolt to move it. I tighten mine with the spanner socket and an impact.

definately tighten the SNOT outta the RE joints...

I usually grease them as im putting them together, and tighten them with the grease zerk not installed, then install the grease zerk as a 'cap'...

as Cal said, tighten them so it takes some leverage in there to move them, you should NOT be able to move them by hand...

Back