• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Odd A/C problem

AZ XJ

NAXJA Forum User
So on my 96, the air works great and blows cold, but only on the highest setting. Anything lower, and there is nothing coming from the vents. I couldn't find any answers by searching, so I'm hoping somebody can help me diagnose this problem. Thanks!

HVAC blower motor resistor, bazillions of posts on it and it's an easy fix. My '01 was like that when I got it, part was about $20, not sure how much for the '96.

Hey thanks a lot! Now that I know the part name, I'm seeing there really is a bazillion threads already associated with the problem. Now I'm hoping my blower motor going out isn't what's causing the problem!

Glad I could help, but I just noticed that you only mentioned the problem relating to the AC. Just to confirm, the HVAC only blows on high no matter what your doing correct?

That would be correct. The sweltering heat of AZ doesn't allow much use of the heater, so it slipped my mind lol. None of the auto parts stores in the area had a blower motor resistor in stock so I had to order one. Picked it up a little bit ago, and will install it when I get home from work tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that the blower motor isn't taking a dump.

Back