• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BF GOODRRICH MUD TERRAIN T/A

ktwalker01

NAXJA Forum User
Quick question, I want to put the Mud Terrains on my 95' XJ with a 3inch lift and stock 15*7 wheels what size tire would be perfect?
Keep in mind I do alot of Highway driving.
Thanks!

Last edited:
31's will fit nicely w/o any rubbage.
You can fit 32's w' a little trimming.

Have you made up your mind about the BFG's? I'd recommend the SuperSwamper Trxus' as a great alternative.

Good luck!

John

Well I only have a 2wd xj and I got Radial T/As on it now and I can't afford a 4x4 right now. I do minor offorading nothing extreme and its pathetic to see a jeep slipping in an inch of mud...

So I'll lookinto them, but I feel the Mud Terrains will do.

Thanks alot for the help.

Ive been running mud terrains for several years and have always been satisfied. If i didnt use it as a daily diver id go back to irocks but for pavement and this thick red clay mud here in NC, the MT T/A's have performed exceptionally, not to mention i get 50k+ out of em. :clap:

a $200 lunchbox locker in the rear will help even more than mud tires, do both (and air down the tires) and you will be surprised where a 2wd can go. but keep some good recovery gear, more capability just means you get stuck is worse stuff.

Go BFGs over Trxus if you do alot of hwy driving. They tend to be anywhere from hard to balance to out of round brand new, some don't have issues others do. SS needs to have a little better quality control on those tires, esoecially since they are in the same catagory with KMs, MT/Rs and MTZs.

Back