• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Loud whine

OverTheHillsATTW

NAXJA Forum User
So after I left work I parked my Jeep and came back to a loud whine from the front of the engine. I didn't notice anything change from the drive so I took it around the block and as I reach higher RPMs the noise almost dims. I can't figure it out because there is nothing in the way of any moving parts, the coolant bottle isnt leaking and it almost sounds like metal on metal... It happens in P N and D. I'm confused... bah. :cry: :banghead: :bawl:

my jeep did that for a coulple of days
then my alternator went up at the twin lakes u should pick up a spare alternator just incase it is thats what i did

OverTheHillsATTW said:
So after I left work I parked my Jeep and came back to a loud whine from the front of the engine. I didn't notice anything change from the drive so I took it around the block and as I reach higher RPMs the noise almost dims. I can't figure it out because there is nothing in the way of any moving parts, the coolant bottle isnt leaking and it almost sounds like metal on metal... It happens in P N R and D. I'm confused... bah. :cry: :banghead: :bawl:

Checked the alt out and it was fine. Turns our my idler pulley had developed a large burr. :D

I have this loud hummm when i drive down the road.......... oh duh its my tires :doh:

Back