• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

not sure but in cab its hot

fuelfox4949

NAXJA Forum User
I just want to know if others have this problem. i got 97 Cherokee 5 inch lift S thats my lift set up. any way when i go out driving the center console and the top of the dash get really hot. when i am driving down the highway my console next to the X shifter almost gets to hot to the touch. i have not done anything around the area its always been like that, but it get me paranoid driving it on long trips. i think that maybe putting a bigger tranny cooler on it will help keep temps down. i am doing that cause i tow here and there, but i am getting worried anyone else have this problem or know how to get the temps down. cause so far this summer with windows down even its cooking my legs. any thoughts ideas will help thanks.

Here's a test that's easy to do. Install a small c clamp on one of the heater hoses to stop the water flow and then take if for a test drive. If it doesn't get hot then the problem is in the HVAC system. If it still gets hot, the probem is with heat from the exhaust. At least you will have a starting point.

My 96 XJ get very hot along the transmission tunnel and center concole. Mine is from all the heat from the engine, exhaust and the AW4. It gets hot enough that you can't put your feet or leg near it. I still have the carpet in there but there is no insulation. It is even worse on the trail.

Rob

no my carpet is still in. like i said i am just worried i thought my tranny was going to blow with all the heat coming from there.

my dads cj5 gets hot there too, my xj gets hott there, my friends zj gets hot there, i think it's a 4.0 jeep thing.

you might want to change your x-fer case fluid for shits and giggles if you haven't already, mine was getting super hott, and i changed it, it came out very very dark red, it's nice and pink now and new, and well, it seems cooler, might be in my head.

but, a fluid change never hurts, and it takes like 25 minutes.

What size tires do you have and what gears are you running. I went from 31's to 33's on stock 3.55 gears and the trans fluid temps went up about 20 degrees (I have a trans temp gauge and larger cooler). As soon put 4.10's in it the temps went back down. Also, do the motor run hot at all.

i am about to change the transfer case oil soon. and also i want to install a bigger tranny cooler cause i tow here and there. i am on 32s with stock 3.55 gearing. i am wondering if hood vents will also help.

Back