• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

budget jeepspeed prerunner build

slcpunk74

NAXJA Forum User
so we started with a stock 94 4 d00r 2wd 4.0 aw4 yata yata...

DSC00769.jpg

she had some minor cosmetic damage

DSC00773.jpg

over all it is a sound a sturdy platform for $400 dollars

DSC00786.jpg

DSC00777.jpg

DSC00788.jpg

xjspeed003.jpg

after a new header panel,hood, fans,power steering pump,hannemans, paint, and my old 32s.
xjspeed004.jpg

xjspeed002.jpg

just got my seats(corbeau baja ultras) and I have most my lift and the rest on order(thanks to mr. Hartwig). I will be running an re 4.5" with heavy duty trac bar, short arms with drop brackets, and full packs out back.

We got the hannemans put on and painted and my warning to those thinking of buying them beware. We payed $450 to our door and they charged us $35 to "crate them" which is just a cardboard box that come with a large hole in it... They fit as good as expected but had large gouges from when they were made. I layed 4 coats of primer and stilled sanded through it trying to get them flat... Well good thing is they are just flat black.

IN THE WORKS... We have the lift going on soon then the shocks and bumps, and limt straps. We plan foa shocks front and rear with shocks going through the rear into a cage. We are thinking foa bumps for this build too. The cage will come with the addition of a third seat and the rest the goods.

Nice start.

Wayne is a good guy to get parts from. He's hooked me up with a chip and a few other parts for my dodge.

Funny thing. I just realized I live down the street from you.:laugh:

Later
Bryan

mjd99xj said:
That looks hot! What are you going to go with for rear flares/fenders?

not sure yet. I might just run some 97+ xj flares just because I like them but we will see.

Lonestar said:
Nice start.

Wayne is a good guy to get parts from. He's hooked me up with a chip and a few other parts for my dodge.

Funny thing. I just realized I live down the street from you.:laugh:

Later
Bryan

thats awesome. I didnt know any guys on here lived in the wb

Gravesdiggerxj said:
Looks good. Let's chop the rear fenders up some time

yeah I think that time will be soon beacause after the lift gets here I think its time for tire fun and cutting to clearance

So I am sad to say i it looks like I may have loost my partner on this build. My buddy Kev whp has been with me since the conception of this build has found an 01 ford ranger that he would like to build up along side our previously named "sharry" (because it was going to be cherry but we are "sharring" it). I will call her Cherry now that she is all mine.

Kevs Ranger
kevsrange.jpg

So far my runnig total for the cherokee build is as stated...

$400 initial cost for a 94 xj 4 door 2wd aw4 with 150k and some damage(from around provo)
$200 hood, rad, grill, and header panel.(from a local xj)
$250 almost new 4.5" RE coils and leafs(from trndrvr)
$150 drop brackets and lower RE arms(local naxja buddy)they need rebuild
$450 hannemans front bulge fenders( with lots of primer which I had and paint I got free)thanks dad for they paint supplies!
$440 2 corbeau baja ultra seats shipped (from northridge 4x4)

total with some odds and ends here and there around $2k

I have to add that I just bought some parts from Wayne for around $400.

so my running total so far is about $2300

I am thinking of ordering some foa shocks and bumps. Does anyone have any input on these guys???

we had a little trouble with kevs ranger so it was a "ranger wrenching" night. While we were waiting for some metal to cool we put kevs 33x12.5x15 bfgs on the front of cherry to see what it looked like with no lift and hannemans... I think the wheels are 15x8 with about 3.25" bs

This picture is sitting next to my other xj lifted 6" with 1.25" wheels spacers and unlimited ravines with 4.75" bs and they are 33x12.5x15

jeepsterandtherunner052.jpg

jeepsterandtherunner054.jpg

I measured the widest point of the tire from one side to the other and we have about 74"... I think that we can have 74.5" up front for js rules but I wil double check that one... Man that thing is wide!!!

I got my re track bar and bracket yesterday but I am still waiting on my uppers and rebuild kit for the lower flex joints so I can install my re 4.5" lift.

one more ha ha ha

jeepsterandtherunner055.jpg

looking good, if i had an extra xj, id be doing this too.

Who needs a lift? Looks way better the way it is and you will get better handling to boot.

Gojeep said:
Who needs a lift? Looks way better the way it is and you will get better handling to boot.

I know I was telling my friend the other day I wish it was like a truck and I could just get huge fenders for the rear and only lift it like 2" with the 33s that would look very stadium truck

slcpunk74 said:
I know I was telling my friend the other day I wish it was like a truck and I could just get huge fenders for the rear and only lift it like 2" with the 33s that would look very stadium truck

You can get huge rears to match the front. They are normally for a 2 door but have seen them fitted to a 4 door ones as well. Some just weld the rear door shut for better strength but have seen the guard cut so part of it opened with the rear door.
Not sure who made it but could have even been Rustys??

Gojeep said:
You can get huge rears to match the front. They are normally for a 2 door but have seen them fitted to a 4 door ones as well. Some just weld the rear door shut for better strength but have seen the guard cut so part of it opened with the rear door.
Not sure who made it but could have even been Rustys??

I have seen that on a 4 door before(maybe the fabtech js?) I might go that route someday just so I dont get hassled by the smokeys when Im on the road(plus they look sick).

We will see because I think I could cut them to seperate like a bushwacker but it would not be easy, and I think you need all doors functional for js.

Yep, they are the ones I was thinking of.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Why would you think you would get more cops attention with these? You be lower in lift so thought is would attract less?

Back