• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

welding hydraulic bumps/cans ??s

Skullver

Still Flailing
I have my hydraulic bumpstops/cans perfectly aligned but was wondering if I can safeley tack them in place with out damaging the bumpstops? They are fully charged and full of oil if that makes a difference. It is a pain in the ass to get the bumps out of the can w/out Fking up the alignemnt hence the stupid question
DSCN1057.jpg

Last edited:
IIRC I read that one should NOT weld with those near by. I read the same about coil overs. I can't remember where I read that though. :dunno:

Chris, I am assuming you will be placing your coils over those?

cracker said:
IIRC I read that one should NOT weld with those near by. I read the same about coil overs. I can't remember where I read that though. :dunno:

yes, the coils are going over them, there may be a small issue with the bumps rubbing the coils at our full droop but hopefully not anything to worry about, I am going to need some taller lower bumpstops also. I guess Im going to make some mock-up bumps with tubing so I can make sure. I also heard / read about welding too close to shocks also,thanks. If my henchmen were here to help it would be much easier, oh well, thanks and cheers. I was just wondering about the seals etc. as the bodies seem pretty thin and the heat may penetrate and melt a seal even with a small tack, if it is in the right/wrong spot

Last edited:
cracker said:

lay down a bead, sure, but just a few tacks with a couple minutes of cooling in between?? I'd go for it, but I also never disconnect my battery to weld... still no problems.

BrettM said:
lay down a bead, sure, but just a few tacks with a couple minutes of cooling in between?? I'd go for it, but I also never disconnect my battery to weld... still no problems.
I am just going to try it and see what happens, I didn't have the right size tubing and it seems like it shouldn't hurt them, I will let you guys know, thanks for the honest answers. I am definitely going to cover the shafts as I read on Pirate that any splatter on the shafts will ruin the bumpstops, something I didn't REALLY think about
Chris

Last edited:
Back