• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuse Panel differences

Mr_Random

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, so I'm gathering pieces for my 2.5 MPI swap (I'll post that up with pictures and stuff later this month), I have an 86 TBI 2.5, and will be updating to the 94 MPI system.

I have a 94 YJ Engine harness and ECU (I do have the body harness too, but only because it was a cheap package deal), and was thinking I should just pull a body harness from a 94-95 XJ and use it, but I went out today and saw that my fuse box connector is exactly the same as the YJ, does anyone know if I can just keep the body harness as-is?

I'll do some personal research to see if the fuses/wires/pins are all in the right places, but if someone can tell me themselves it'll save me time!

thanks,

-Random

Bumping for help!

Come on guys, no one knows? It is a bit oddball, but I do need some help!

How about this:

Will a post 91 engine harness plug directly into a pre 91 fuse box?

Most of the guys on here are dealing with a 4.0L and that is where the problem of replies may be. I have a 4.0 and don't know squat about a 2.5 TBI. Is the head compatible? Fuel rail mounts? Fuel pressure regulator? MPI harness compatible with a system that basically only has one injector as opposed to six.

I know my 4.0 pretty well and I still have a multitude of unanswered questions.

Anyone else??

I was looking at the fuse panels in the FSM and Haynes/Chiltons, and there are lots of different panels. There are also different locations for the different vehicles as well. In short, you will almost certainly need to find the fuse panel for the year and model of the harness you are trying to work with.

HUM... I'll check wiring diagrams for the 94 YJ and compare it to the 86 XJ, if I only have to move a couple wires in the fuse panel/ fuse plug then I'll keep everything how it is. I'll try to make it not look like a hack job if it comes to that...

thanks anyways!

Back