• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR under knuckle steering lift height?

agent98

NAXJA Forum User
What is the maximum lift height for JCR and TNT under knuckle steering, before binding occurs? I am a newbie probably not using "search" properly.
Thank you. :roll:

I have the JCR set up only wheeled it once sence I instaled it. I havnet notsed any binding with a 4.5 inch lift at full stuff or drop. I recomend the JCR if you are willing to buy the reamer needed to do the job. Also make sure you find a 5/8 drill bit it will make a world of diffrence. Never reverce a reamer it will messe it up fast I lernt that the hard way.

If you click the link in my sig it will give a full list of the parts and a pic of the JCR installed.

GL with your upgrade.

agent98 said:
What is the maximum lift height for JCR and TNT under knuckle steering, before binding occurs? I am a newbie probably not using "search" properly.

Just want to say WELCOME, first post and red name.. :cheers: to the newbie

agent98 said:

Holy lurker Batman!

2 years and one post, and also a member.:scared:

-Alex

I did mine in I think 4 hours with out drilling the pitman arm to 5/8s and in place. Like I sead pull the pitman arm, then put it in a drill press. Drilling and reaming it took the longest. The knucles reamed like butter after drilled out to 11/16ths. Unless this is your DD it is worth the time and the price. I dont even have a stearing stabilzer and the only reasion I get DW is because its not alighned right.

Last edited:
Mine's fine at 6" lift. You won't see any binding issues with the JCR setup. The only thing I saw was that the trackbar bolt and tie rod hit at full lock to the right. I replaced the TB bolt with one that had a thinner head and everything is fine.

The DLE used on the JCR setup allows 30* of movement. It would take a LOT of lift to max that out, I don't think you need to worry about it.

I just lifted my rig to 8.5" and am running the JCR 1-ton steering and have had no issues at all. When you order from JCR, let them know how much lift you have or are going to have and they will get ya hooked up.

Back