• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I hate bleeding the clutch

sherman08

NAXJA Forum User
O.k. so i just got done bleeding the clutch system yet again, and ive decided that theres got to be a better way than the ol' parter press and you turn that little impossible screw. My idea is to hook up a suction gun to the bleeder screw, press the pedal, then suck the fluid through using the gun, has anybody tried something like this? I dont work in a shop but i figure they've got to have a better way figured out, whats ur insite?

Does your idea look anything like this?

They actually have nicer looking ones locall at the auto parts stores for less.

It depends on the setup ur jeep has, my bleeder screw is just sitting there, i had i little tine socket wrench i used to loosen it, i could see though how it would be imposible to get to without one tho. And yea thats allot like what i had in mind i wonder why ive never seen them before, hell if you set it up right u could doit with just one person!

kahaikapu said:
hey there i use my radiator pressure tester to force the fluid down to the slave..hope this helps..give it a try

done that it works ok

I prefer to use a suction/filler pump to force fluid in the system from the bleeder forcing the air up and out the master. I really do find this to be the best method.

Ours was so hard to get to, and so hard to replace... that we removed the seat and rolled back the carpet to cut a hole in the tranny tube... Just gonna use self tapping sheet metal screws and some sealed sheet metal to cover it, should work!

On the subject of bleeding it, would bubbles kill consistency in how the clutch feels/disengages? We've had such a problem with it... sometimes it's freaking IMPOSSIBLE to drive, but mostly it's pretty good...

Mr_Random said:
Ours was so hard to get to, and so hard to replace... that we removed the seat and rolled back the carpet to cut a hole in the tranny tube... Just gonna use self tapping sheet metal screws and some sealed sheet metal to cover it, should work!

On the subject of bleeding it, would bubbles kill consistency in how the clutch feels/disengages? We've had such a problem with it... sometimes it's freaking IMPOSSIBLE to drive, but mostly it's pretty good...
yup spongy pedal... engagement would be hard @ times
zero air..air compresses ..

Back