• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New shackles

Tim00XJ

NAXJA Forum User
After reading a topic, I do not remember the name, about shackles I remembered that mine were not at the best angle. So, I come to you asking if I need new shackles and which ones should I buy. I was looking at either TnT or RE. I'm leaning more towards RE due to the fact I can get them faster than through TnT. Here are a couple pictures.

dscn0774gc9.jpg

dscn0775rn3.jpg

In the second picture you can see that my rear springs are sagging a slight bit. Therefore, which size shackles should I get?

I take it you are looking for boomerangs? IF not, the rough counrty ones are nice and the ones I think I saw had 2 bolt holes for adjustability.

New shackles won't fix your shackle angle.

BRIANHO13 said:
Very true, you need shackle relocation brackets.
LOL! Shameless plug! :lecture:

BRIANHO13 said:
Very true, you need shackle relocation brackets.

x2 there is a really sweet kit i've seen on here but seem to not have bookmarked... crap. it's an adjustable bolt/weld on kit to relocate the shackle. pretty neat.

asp387 said:
x2 there is a really sweet kit i've seen on here but seem to not have bookmarked... crap. it's an adjustable bolt/weld on kit to relocate the shackle. pretty neat.
I believe there is a link in post #5:geek:

I wont say it it again, but just because the issue you are having is not resolved by buying new shackles unless you want an excuse to spend money....

I used the Rough country, and Im happy with it. To be honest the stock shackle is not even that strong,I actaully twisted mine. maybe you have a small twist. have you taken a closer look

razdrvr said:
I believe there is a link in post #5:geek:

:gee: i found it afterwards and just came back to the thread to post the link... my bad.

Back