• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine rebuild parts.

codysown

NAXJA Forum User
I need to put a ring and gasket kit in my engine. It runs strong but uses quite a bit of oil. I know the rear seal is leaking pretty bad.

Where is the best place to buy a kit from?

Do you think its possible to do this in frame? I have a 3 inch lift on it now so there should be enough room to get under it.

The engine still seems to run really strong and there isnt any knocking so i am thing that a re-ring kit is the way to go. Trying to do this on the cheap as funds for the hobby rig are limited right now.

Cody

I would change the rear main seal then see how it went. If you don't see smoke and the plugs aren't oily (even if they are, it could be oil from the valve cover) I wouldn't dive into piston rings right yet.

I think this is more than just a rear main seal and I wont know whats all wrong until I get it apart.

I need to know where to get the Gasket kits and rings. I have done some searching but everything turns up the HO motors. Originally mine was a 87 Renix. If you know where to order this stuff please post a link.

Cody

Back