• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Re-gearing ?

guillermo

NAXJA Forum User
Just re-geared an 8.25 axle from 3.55 to 4.11 and now I want to do the front d30 (low pinion). So let's see if this is right... I need a new carrier to re-gear but if I get a locker e.g. Aussie, I would'nt need the carrier, just the ring & pinion ? Thanks.

You will still need a new carrier for a "lunchbox" locker,and if you bought like a full Detroit or an ARB or an OX.

Last edited:
that is correct, 3.73 is the break over for a D30. You will need a new carrier if you decide to run the deeper gears and the Aussie locker will fit in the new carrier.

i'm gettin ready to do the same in the near future, and I am also a bit confused on this.
The Aussie will need a carrier, because it is a "lunch box" locker
But a locker like ARB, Detroit and OX do not.
True or False

fscrig75 said:
i'm gettin ready to do the same in the near future, and I am also a bit confused on this.
The Aussie will need a carrier, because it is a "lunch box" locker
But a locker like ARB, Detroit and OX do not.
True or False
The latter already is a new carrrier(s) sized for whatever gears your buying!Lunchbox lockers fit your existing carrier.

Back